Pages

2 Recipes Using Fresh Bee Pollen


The honey bees have been collecting bee pollen and sharing some with us. I am so thankful for this because I'm ready to get it back into my daily routine. 

I had a challenged winter of health. Just picture an assembly line, and this is how it went: flu, pneumonia, bronchitis with a sinus infections. With no break in-between. Then three weeks later another humdinger sinus infection tried to take me down for three weeks. 


"It's time to build up my immunity and raw honey and bee pollen
   are on the top off my list. 
Fresh Bee Pollen


I've been experimenting with some recipes, and I'm excited to share them with you because I'm really enjoying them!



Bee Pollen, Southern Greens, Mango & Honey Smoothie

Bee Pollen Southern Greens & Mango Smoothie

 

1 Cup Vanilla Almond Milk
4 oz. Southern Greens Blend
5 oz. Frozen Mango Chunks
1 Tsp to 1 Tbls Raw Honey
1 Tbls Fresh Bee Pollen
Blend in blender until fully smooth.

I had been drinking these smoothies for days before it was time to try something different. Now I've heard one person say don't cook with bee pollen because it will destroy the benefits. But here's my thought process, and I leave it up for you to decide.  All the food sources that we cook and eat, still come out with a lot of the nutrients and it's very lightly cooked in this recipe. And different this is, from the pollen and the maples syrup that's been aged in bourbon barrel. Enjoy!

Pollen Honey Oat French Toast w/Bourbon Maple Syrup 

Bee Pollen French Toast



(Breakfast for 1)


Ingredients:
2 slices Honey Oat artisan bread

Mixture--
1 Egg
1/4 Cup Almond Milk (or milk of your choice)
Sprinkle of Cinnamon & Nutmeg
1 Tbls Fresh Bee Pollen (save a few to sprinkle on top).

Directions:
Get a seasoned cast iron skillet warmed up (not too hot). Whisk mixture ingredients together in a wide enough bowl to fit a slice of bread. Soak both sides of bread in mixture. Cook until nicely browned on both sides. I like to serve with a tiny pat of butter, then sprinkle the remaining bee pollen pellets on top, drizzle a tablespoon of Bourbon Barrel Pure Vermont Maple Syrup. Yum!

Let me know how you like them, and be creative.

Bee Well,

~Valarie
 

No comments: