The honey bees did their job well this Spring
All of the berries in the below Honey Berry Crisp were
pollinated by honey bees from our apiary.
| Fresh picked raspberries & blueberries |
Honey Berry Crisp
4 1/2 C fresh berries (1/2 blueberry, 1/2 raspberry)
3/4 C four (King Arthur Unbleached White)
1/2 C liquid honey (Heavenly Honey Apiary)
2 Tbs brown sugar (light or dark)
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 C butter (Cabot)
place berries in a buttered baking dish (I used a 9" ceramic pie plate)
| Buttered 9" ceramic pie plate |
Make the crisp topping
mix flour, honey, brown sugar, cinnamon and salt in a bowl
cut in the butter with a pastry cutter, it will have the
consistency of sticky cookie dough
cut in the butter with a pastry cutter, it will have the
consistency of sticky cookie dough
| Pour honey into flour to make crumb topping |
take spoonfuls of the topping, and place across the top of the berries
| Crumb topping placed on top of berries |
place in a preheated 350°F over and bake for 35 minutes
| Bubbling hot Honey Berry Crisp |
cool 12 minutes
serve warm over a scoop of vanilla ice cream
| Honey Berry Crisp over a scoop of vanilla ice cream |
find your local beekeeper for taste testing
![]() |
| My faithful taste tester |
Scott says double yum!
(You are encouraged to copy, share or repost this recipe, please give credit to my website
Heavenly Honey Apiary at www.vtbeekeeper.com or this blog link--Thank
you!)

2 comments:
I think crisps are my favorite dessert to make- so easy :-) Thanks for sharing your recipe! I've never used honey in a crisp, and I'm excited to try it. The farm families who own Cabot appreciate your support!
~Jacquelyn
Jacquelyn you are most welcome. It's hard finding my favorite recipes made with honey vs. refined white sugar, so I decided to start experimenting on my own.
I've been a Cabot fan for over 25 years, and enjoy sharing them as a resource.
~Valarie
Post a Comment