Pages

Honey-Walnut Pork Loin Chop




Winter's the perfect time to start experimenting with cooking with honey. This is an off-the-cuff creation. But I will be going through some of my honey cook books and testing out some new recipes. 

On deck are Honeycomb Pull Apart Cake, Pumpkin-Cranberry Muffins, Rosemary-Walnut Shortbread, so keep checking back.
 
Serves 4
Prep time 10 minutes
Cook time 20 minutes

4 - Thick Pork Loin Chops (no bone, mine are usually around 1 1/2" thick)
1 to 2 Tbs Honey (I use our very own from Heavenly Honey Apiary)
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
Salt & Pepper to taste

Pat the pork loin dry with paper towel.
Mixed walnuts and seasoning on a dinner plate.
Rub the pork loin with honey (a pastry brush lends for less sticky fingers).
Press both sides of chop into the walnut seasoning mixture. 

Place in your favorite oven pan and broil* on high 2 minutes per side. (makes the walnuts brown up)

Watch carefully, the honey can burn quickly!

Turn oven down to bake at 350-degrees for about 15 to 20 minutes until meat thermometer reads 145-degrees (or if you're still an old school pork cooker 165-degrees).

Turning Over for Side Two Broiling

Optional spices: I'm always trying something different, a 1/2 tsp of ginger, or ground rosemary, or substitute some cyan pepper for the black pepper, mixed in with the walnuts and rubbed onto the pork.

Served with a side of Whole Wheat Penne, tossed with Sun-dried Tomatoes & Peas

* Before I begin, I make sure that I have one of my oven racks in the top position for broiling, and then I move the pan down to the middle rack for the rest of the baking time.


(If you copy or repost this recipe please give credit to me via my website Heavenly Honey Apiary at www.vtbeekeeper.com or this blog link--Thank you!)

No comments: