Peanut Butter-Chocolate Chip Oat Bran Cookies: with Honey

 cookies and tea

To keep your recipe box growing with tasty delights baked with honey, I tried a new recipeI think it's a keeper. One of my favorite cereals is hot oat bran, served with roasted walnuts and honey. I've been looking at the recipe on the back of the box for years. A few weeks ago I decided to give it a try (with a twist, I added mini chocolate chips). 

batter
Batter
Ingredients  
½ cup butter, melted (I used Cabot)
1/3 cup raw honey, crystallized or liquid (I used Heavenly Honey Apiary)
½ cup brown sugar
1 egg or 2 egg whites (I used 4 Tbsp of egg whites)
½ cup peanut butter (Natural is great in this recipe)
½ tsp. vanilla
½ cup Unbleached White Whole Wheat Flour (King Arthur Flour)
½ cup Unbleached All-Purpose Flour (King Arthur Flour)
½ cup Oat Bran Cereal Hodgson Mill (I used Trader Joes)
¾ tsp. baking powder
¼ tsp. baking soda

Cookie dough ready for oven
Ready for the oven

Directions
Preheat oven to 350° F. 

Mix melted butter with honey and brown sugar. Add egg (or whites); mix well. Stir in peanut butter and vanilla; beat until smooth. Add remaining dry ingredients; mix well. Drop by teaspoon into ungreased cookie sheet, (I lined mine with parchment paper). 

Bake on middle rack 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.
Transfer to cooling rack, wait 10 to 15 minutes 

Devour!

Cooling cookies
Waiting to cool

Yields 36 cookies.

Recipe adopted from the back of Hodgson Mill Oat Bran Hot Cereal box.

No comments: