Bubbling Hot Honey Berry Crisp

The honey bees did their job well this Spring
All of the berries in the below Honey Berry Crisp were 
pollinated by honey bees from our apiary.

Fresh picked raspberries & blueberries


Honey Berry Crisp

4 1/2 C fresh berries (1/2 blueberry, 1/2 raspberry)
3/4 C four (King Arthur Unbleached White)
1/2 C liquid honey (Heavenly Honey Apiary)
2 Tbs brown sugar (light or dark)
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 C butter (Cabot)

place berries in a buttered baking dish (I used a 9" ceramic pie plate)

 

Buttered 9" ceramic pie plate

Make the crisp topping

mix flour, honey, brown sugar, cinnamon and salt in a bowl

cut in the butter with a pastry cutter, it will have the
consistency of sticky cookie dough

Pour honey into flour to make crumb topping


take spoonfuls of the topping, and place across the top of the berries

Crumb topping placed on top of berries




place in a preheated 350°F over and bake for 35 minutes

Bubbling hot Honey Berry Crisp

 cool 12 minutes 

serve warm over a scoop of vanilla ice cream

Honey Berry Crisp over a scoop of vanilla ice cream


find your local beekeeper for taste testing

My faithful taste tester

Scott says double yum!  


(You are encouraged to copy, share or repost this recipe, please give credit to my website Heavenly Honey Apiary at www.vtbeekeeper.com or this blog link--Thank you!)

2 comments:

Jacquelyn said...

I think crisps are my favorite dessert to make- so easy :-) Thanks for sharing your recipe! I've never used honey in a crisp, and I'm excited to try it. The farm families who own Cabot appreciate your support!
~Jacquelyn

Valarie said...

Jacquelyn you are most welcome. It's hard finding my favorite recipes made with honey vs. refined white sugar, so I decided to start experimenting on my own.

I've been a Cabot fan for over 25 years, and enjoy sharing them as a resource.

~Valarie