Monday Morning Rhubarb Muffins: made with Heavenly Honey



Week after week Monday’s seem to come quicker than the week before. Well this coming Monday morning is one that I’m looking forward to sinking my teeth into!

After rising, I’ll delight in reading my bible, and having a time of prayer. After which, I’ll make myself a cup of tea or coffee, and then savor one of these delightful muffins that I created today.

I was thankful for this chilly, wet day, 68 degrees inside was perfect for having the oven on. Making these muffins with some fresh rhubarb meant that I didn’t have to freeze a batch of rhubarb, which I probably would have done if it were 80 degrees out.

Lest you get tired of rhubarb recipes, I peaked at the blueberry bushes late this afternoon, and I see a lot of hearty green berries, just itching to get ripe . . . I'll start thinking about what Heavenly Honey recipes I can test in the kitchen to share with you in the weeks ahead.



Monday Morning Rhubarb Muffins: made with Heavenly Honey

Pre-prep
Have your rhubarb already diced and your walnuts already chopped
Preheat oven to 375°F
6-Cup muffin pan  (prepared with no-stick spray)

Ingredients

2 C unbleached white King Author flour                
½ C quick cooking rolled oats
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
¼ tsp nutmeg
6 oz. low fat vanilla yogurt
½ C Heavenly Honey
¼ C brown sugar
1/2 C grapeseed oil (you can sub. olive oil or canola oil)
1 large egg
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
1 1/2 C diced rhubarb
½ C chopped walnuts or pecans (optional)

Topping
1 Tbs butter (melted)
¼ C sugar
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp unbleached white flour
2 tsp quick oats


1. In a larger bowl, combine yogurt, honey, brown sugar, grapeseed oil, egg & vanilla. Whisk until nicely blended.
2. In a separate bowl combine flour, rolled oats, baking soda, baking powder & salt.
3. Add flour mixture to wet mixture stir just until blended.
4. Stir in rhubarb, and nuts if using.
5. Fill a 6-cup muffin pan two-thirds full.
6. Mix sugar, butter, cinnamon, and flour together and sprinkle on top of muffins, then finish of with a pinch of the rolled oats sprinkled on top.
5. Bake at 375F in a preheated oven for 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. (I checked at 20 min. and my total bake time was 27 minutes). 

Cool and then devour!

Servings: 6 large muffins




(You are encouraged to copy, share or repost this recipe, please give credit to my website Heavenly Honey Apiary at www.vtbeekeeper.com or this blog link--Thank you!)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I will have to try. Thanks for the recipe. Keep them coming :0) Heather

Rachel Page said...

Mmmm, muffins! They look so beautiful!